The Procedure of CT scans for Your Abdomen
Your body is the most important thing in your life. If you are not taking care of your health you might be damaging your life. You have no clue how negligence can do harm to your life. If you are not careful about your health your body might give up on you. If you have any type of health issue or problem; make sure that you visit the doctor. No matter how meek or huge the problem is, they can identify right away. Scanners help the doctors to have a proper evaluation and imaging of your body and inside.
The Cost of ct abdomen and pelvis scan in Mumbai or in any other city is not too high. You can easily get the scanning done if you have any issue in the area of abdomen or pelvis. It is better to talk about it than to regret later on. CT scanning of these areas will allow the doctors to know what the issue is or what can be done to meet the need. Anyhow, there are some apparent benefits of this scan and these are like:
Quick benefits of CT scan for abdomen and pelvis
- By looking at a CT scan, an experienced radiologist or doctor can diagnose many causes of any type of abdominal pain with extremely high accuracy. Such a thing enables faster treatment and often eliminates the requirement for additional, more invasive diagnostic process.
- Once pain is caused by inflammation and infection, the speed, ease and correctness of a CT examination can diminish the risk of serious complications like those triggered by a burst appendix or that of ruptured diverticulum and the following spread of infection.
- Different from conventional x-rays, CT scanning caters extremely detailed images of various types of tissue CT examinations are quick and simple; in emergency cases, they can even reveal internal injuries and bleeding swift enough to help save the lives.
- CT has been shown to be a really cost-effective imaging instrument for a wide range of clinical issues.
- CT is less sensitive to the movement of the patient than MRI.
- X-rays that get used in standard CT scans have no type of immediate side effects.
- It is really good that the CT scanning is painless, non-invasive and proper procedure.
- Of course CT imaging caters real-time imaging, making it a great tool for guiding slightly invasive procedures such as needle biopsies and that of needle aspirations of various areas of the body, specifically the abdomen, lungs, pelvis and bones.
- A single diagnosis determined by CT scanning might eradicate the requirement for exploratory surgery
- CT can easily be performed if you have an implanted medical device of any type, unlike MRI.
- No type of radiation stays in the body of a patient after a CT examination.
A simple peep into CT scan
A CT scan, or also known as CAT scan, is a usual term for computerized tomography, a painless diagnostic imaging test that showcases two and three dimensional images of internal structures of your body on a computer screen. This is a CAT scan that makes use of a narrow beam of X-rays along with high-powered computers to produce images of bones and soft-tissues in body.
Things to remember
There are a few important things that you should remember and these are like:
- It is important that you inform the technologist if you are pregnant or you feel that you may be pregnant
- It would be good if you inform your doctor if you are allergic to contrast.
- You will have to intake a special contrast agent prior to your exam.
- If you have any type of ailment, health problem or fears then you have to talk about this to your doctor. It is always better to inform the specialist about all these things.
What do you mean by the ct scanning of the abdomen?
Computed tomography (CT scan or CAT scan) is the non-invasive diagnostic imaging procedure. It makes use of a combination of X-rays and computer technology to create horizontal, or axial, images (often known as slices) of body. A CT scan come up with detailed images of any area of the body, including the muscles, bones, fat, organs, and also blood vessels. CT scans are much more detailed as compared to those standard X-rays.
In the standard X-rays, a beam of energy gets aimed at body part getting studied. A plate lying behind the body part takes the variations of the energy beam after it passes through the skin, muscle, bone and other tissue. Maybe a lot of information can be gained from a standard X-ray; so much of detail about internal organs and other structures is not obtainable.
In computed tomography, the X-ray beam goes in a circle around the body. It is something that permits many different views of the same structure or organ. The X-ray data is sent to a computer that understands and interprets the X-ray data and showcase it in a two-dimensional form on a monitor.
CT scans of your abdomen can get more detailed information about those abdominal organs and structures than any other standard X-rays of the abdomen. In this way it provides more information related to injuries or ailments of the abdominal organs. Moreover these CT scans of the abdomen might also get used to visualize placement of needles during the biopsies of abdominal organs or tumours or during the aspiration (withdrawal) of fluid from abdomen. CT scans of the abdomen are really effective in monitoring tumours and other conditions of the abdomen after and before any type of treatment. The doctors get the idea about what is up with your abdomen and what can be done to solve any ailment if it is there.
So, don’t dread to go for this scan and check out cost of ct abdomen and pelvis scan Mumbai. The price is really reasonable and you can feel relieved after the scan. These are the scans that are always performed by professionals and experts.