Is There Any Homeopathic Remedy For Common Dental Problems?
Are you suffering from any one of these common dental problems?
- Oral pain
- Gum disease (Gingivitis)
- Mouth ulcers
- Sensitive teeth
If yes, then most likely you are planning to consult a dentist! And high chances are there that the dentist will advise you to do procedures like fillings, root canals, extractions, etc.
But what if I tell you to try homeopathy for curing your dental problems?
Homeopathic medicine is a natural alternative to support the treatment of several problems in our body. The basic concept behind homeopathy is “like cures like”. In another way, something which brings symptoms in a healthy person can treat an illness with similar symptoms in a very small dose.
Let me illustrate with a practical example. Red onion makes your eyes watery. And that’s why it is used as a homeopathic remedy for allergies!
But is there any remedy for common dental problems?
Yes, of course! The scope for homeopathy in dental problems is broad. You can get help for a range of different ailments like pain, discomfort, inflammation, bleeding, etc. Here are a few homeopathic medicines that can help you to heal your common dental problems!
Toothache can be one of the most distracting pains you can imagine! There are a number of homeopathic medicines that can help you like:
- Belladonna: You are having throbbing pain that is worse when pressure is applied.
- Pulsatilla: Your toothache is relieved by holding cold water in your mouth.
- Coffea Cruda: Your toothache worsens with heat and is relieved by ice.
- Magnesia Phosphorica: You have a toothache that is worse from cold and better with warmth.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Your toothache worsens when exposed to hot or cold air.
Gum disease like infected or bleeding gums can be very painful and can result in your tooth loss even! Usually, these diseases are caused by a build-up of plaque on the teeth because of your poor dental hygiene or your saliva is too acidic!
Besides, vitamin deficiency, blood disorders, or some specific drugs can be the reasons for your gum diseases!
In homeopathy, you can treat your gum diseases by medicines like:
- Arsenicum Album: You have unhealthy and bleeding gums
- Ferrum Phosphoricum: Your gums bleed after brushing
- Mercurius Solubilis: You are having bad breath with bleeding gums
- Nux Vomica: You have swollen and painful gum
Mouth ulcers are painful sores that appear in your mouth. Though these are usually harmless but can make you feel uncomfortable! Eventually, it can be very irritating and painful at the same time!
So, if you are having mouth ulcers, homeopathic medicines which can help you are:
- Nitricium Acidum: You are having ulcers with a raw appearance that bleed easily.
- Borax: You have small red ulcers in your mouth. And those ulcers have a tendency to bleed easily when touched or while eating.
- Muriaticum Acidum: This medicine is prepared from the trituration of the nitric acid. It is used to treat ulcers that appear on your soft palate, within the cheeks and in the edges of your tongue. But it’s advisable to use this remedy when your whole mouth is ulcerated and the pain is severe!
You might have come across Arnica gel or cream to soothe sore muscles. Besides, Arnica Montana is an effective remedy for swelling and inflammation after any number of dental procedures! This medicine can help to relieve pain, bruising, and swelling associated with trauma, surgery or overexertion.
Do you feel pain or discomfort after a bite of ice cream or a spoonful of hot soup?
If yes, you might be having sensitive teeth! It might be a temporary or chronic problem. And homeopathy has got a wonderful remedy to treat your tooth sensitivity or “dentin hypersensitivity”.
Plantago: This medicine can cure both your sensitive teeth along with toothache if any. Besides, it works well on the swelling on your cheeks along with toothache. Usually, you need to swallow this medicine but you can apply it externally on the tooth that aches!
Is your problem still not cured?
If your problem persists for a long time, the underlying reasons for the reason should be investigated asap! You can consult a homeopathic doctor in NewTown Clinic Kolkata to get an apt remedy for your oral problems!
So, don’t wait! Treat your dental problem(s) asap before it can pose a risk to your health!